There has been a fun thing some bloggers have done and I thought I’d give it a try. I first saw it here. The idea is to make a list of things to do before one dies.
In no particular order…
1) Spend an entire season following the Cincinnati Reds in a truck pulling an Airstream trailer and write a book about it. I’ve done the math on this and it could be done under 100K. This past season I’d have only missed 5 games because of the distance for the travel.
2) Go to the Amalfi Coast and take lots of photos
3) Own a Hasselblad camera, digital back, and a dozen or so Carl Zeiss lenses. This would be more expensive than the baseball dream, but that is okay.
4) Ride a camel
5) Spend a couple of months driving around the country writing a book about a truck driver who is followed by a serial killer, and the police see where the trucker has been and assume it is him. I’d use real places in my book.
6) Build a castle out of shipping containers. (Well, design it, and help with the building.)
7) Run a marathon
8) Spend a year travelling the world, film the experience, with the focus to be on photographing food. Submit it to the Travel channel and have them love the idea, and buy it. I would then get a small band of food photographing groupies. <Really it is just the groupies I’m after, they could be for anything…possibly my prowess at riding a camel.
9) Lean to draw…a camel, and then do a self portrait of me on the camel I’d ridden.
10) Take up Archery.
11) Learn to read sheet music.
12) Learn to play the piano while reading sheet music.
These are the types of things I think about when I’m letting my mind wander. Most of today has been spent writing, so I think I’ll get back to it. Writing is fun.