Shades of the Big City

I used to live in Germantown, MD, which is near DC. One of the things I miss about living in a city larger than 280 people is the ability to order Chinese food and have them bring it to you. Many the movie marathons have been fueled this way, allowing my roommate and I to watch hour after hour of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Okay, technically Buffy, wasn’t a movie but sixteen episodes in, eyes blurry, one doesn’t make such distinctions. I digress.

Yesterday, a bit of hand delivered mail was left in my front door. Really, it was just a flyer, or so I thought. Then I looked at it more closely and realized it was for a Chinese food place in Mt. Vernon. For $2.00 they will deliver to the greater Martelle area. I might have squealed like an eight year old girl who just got two new pairs of princess shoes (Pink and Purple).

With tonight’s double sports festival (Ohio State Football and Cincinnati Reds Playoffs baseball), I knew it was a perfect time to have someone bring me food. I ordered pot stickers, crab Rangoon, shrimp lo mien, and wonton soup. I was told egg drop soup was included with the lo mien and asked if I wanted to take the wonton soup off, to which I responded, “I do not.”

This was NOT my dinner. My food was much less photogenic.

It took 45 minutes to get here, which was about what I would have expected in Germantown, and the man who delivered it was quite nice. The Buckeyes were leading at half and The Reds were tied 0-0 with the Giants. I began to eat.

The temperature of each dish could be best described as tepid. I rarely get to use tepid in a sentence, so I consider that a plus (not really). The flavor was good and had I bothered to give it a little warm up, they would have been much better. The same could be said of the crab Rangoon.

The egg drop soup was delicious. The shrimp lo mein was ‘meh’. It did fill me up though.

Had it been really good, they would have likely been added to my iPhone contact list, under the name Food God, but alas I think I’ll just hold onto the flyer.

I feel like I was close to having a life altering food delivery experience, but alas, it was not to be. Still, the Buckeyes won and the Reds are winning. A pretty good night, regardless.

0 comments
Sort: Newest | Oldest

Trackbacks

1. share a few characteristics and habits which

you must adopt in 2012 to become a successful blogger. though it takes some time for your blog to start generating fruits for you, but you must keep going on. write for your readers: – if you think only search engines

2. of being a better writer:1. have a

passion in writing. everyone gets good, better, and eventually best in whatever endeavor one chooses if he is but passionate about it. you should not write just because you needed to, but because you loved to. if you do not love

3. Blueorchard says:

email: renee.arpin@gmail.com why should people write is

a good question? but an equally important question is – if you write, why do it well? why not simply put the words down as quickly as possible and then be freed to do other things? actually, the question is broader

4. Rare art says:

a lasting impression on those who view

it in fact, one way to get more traffic is by the referrals you can generate from a post that people find of interest or in some other way appealing! ultimately however if your quality is good enough this will encourage

5. see here now says:

their questions or solve their problems? be

polite and give advice and then post those topics on your own blog.after you have been helping people a few times then and only then may you be welcomed to put your link to your blog. you don’t want to start

6. should certainly be foremost on the list.

if on the other hand, you have higher academic ambitions, then courses such as these can also be used to contribute towards an undergraduate degree if you are so inclined.some of the best features of courses from a university are that,

7. think these 8 tips will help you

to change your blog completely, and boost its performance. i see the future of america as a society that is knowledge-based competing and succeeding in the changing dynamics of the modern world. creating a knowledge-based society involves getting all p…

8. not only interesting updates for people to

view but are also optimized in a way to generate more blog traffic! it simply comes down to satisfying visitors to your site while also making the content you do offer easier to find online!here are 5 simple things to keep

9. begin to repair your credit right away.promote

yourselfthere are several ways to begin repairing your credit after a bankruptcy. the first step is to obtain a copy of your discharge notice and provide it to your lenders. it is also a good idea to write up a letter

10. m88 says:

your title that will accurately reflects the

content of your copy. then, optimize it by simply inserting the keywords that you’re targeting. it will also help if you make it benefit-driven or intriguing. the key here is to tell your readers that they’ll get something out of your

11. niche and write about them, all you

got to do is make a summary and let the world know what they are doing in your niche. you can tell everyone how that person started and what they have been doing to become so successful in your niche. you’ll

12. blog here says:

say, and will naturally want to learn

more from your products.original and solves issues no one else is willing to solveanyone can write on topics that are easy topics to solve. the internet is filled with these types of articles. one of the best ways to make a

13. read this says:

your post. if you click the label,

you will be able to view all of your posts. if your readers can do so, then you may do to the other people’s blog to get an idea. moreover, there is also an integrated tool in your blog that will

14. not comfortable doing it, you can always

pass.start a part-time business. you don’t need a big capital to start a business. sometimes, you can start with next to nothing. the quick ways to make money include setting up a day care, walking your neighbors’ dogs, bake cakes or

15. website here says:

much every day to keep the writing

and content fresh and updated.however, as time progresses, that enthusiasm slowly dies, and we do less and less as new or higher priorities take our attention.2. quality of content.because your writing skills may not be up to scratch, you may know

16. reflect how you did your job. you

want to show that you are an achiever not just a doer. include highlights, if at all possible, that reflect your success in the positions you have held. things like meeting deadlines, holding down costs and improving productivity show that you

17. the beginning, all they’re concerned with is

finding a solution to the problem that keeps them awake at night.successful website content makes your site visitor feel as if you’re almost psychic and shows that you already understand their needs. great website content speaks to your target audienc…

18. won’t cut it.writers are supposed to be

considerate of their readers. i push the boundaries of this enough by requiring my readers to use oxygen masks after reading a compound-complex sentence riddled with dependent clauses. i’m not about to cause them facial paralysis from contorting their…

19. click here says:

entertaining. in order to get more feedback,

you will need to have more people who get on your blog and read what you have to say. whether you write a blog about gardening, fixing bicycles, antique cars, or decorating cupcakes, there are some things that you can do

20. a fast money plan. it requires hard

work and many hours to get it going, but once you get it going, you will have fashioned an income that is mostly passive and comes in month after month with a tiny bit of effort necessary to make changes and

21. Popcorn Time says:

blog is receiving and make money off

of it.â  for now though, let’s just keep to the basics and we’ll deal with the money part later.in the meantime, if you’ve just finished reading this article, have written your “why blog” down on paper, and are ready to start