I left this comment on Angie Richmond’s blog . The post is called 22 Things and it is a simple idea. She just wanted to make a list of small things, as a way to help her keep perspective and to motivate self-improvement.
We can all use self-improvement motivation. I read posts similar to this all the time and always think to myself, That is a great I idea, maybe I’ll do it. To date, I’ve never jumped on board, mostly because I was usually quickly distracted by some other tweeted blog post.
There were nineteen people who signed up to do their own lists, when I read the post. I became the twentieth. The whole point, beyond making the list, is to also write a blog post monthly that reports progress. In reading many of the lists the other folks put together I noticed that most entries were very general, “Try to do more…”. My list is much more of a targeted approach, which I hope isn’t missing the spirit of her idea. So, here it is…a work in progress.
- Write 1000 words on Henry Wood: Edge of Understanding, every day until finished
- Set up 5 more signings
- Find 10 new book/writing blogs to follow (I’m open to suggestions)
- Send next 10K words to my editor
- Get 3 Blurbs for Two Decades and Counting
- Take more photographs (This is more along the lines of the other lists)
- Read this post everyday for 10 days in a row. http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2GkrXL/www.holtuncensored.com/hu/the-ten-mistakes/
- Join Scoop.it and learn about it.
- Stumble five things per day.
- Figure out my lost password for Pinterest and start Pinning
- Give five G+ per day
- Give five “Likes” per day
- Exercise on my Wii five times per week.
- Read one book per week
- Write a review for each book on Goodreads
- Finally figure out Tribr
- Write one guest blog post per month
- Blog about my 22 Things progress each month
- Write a novel in secret. (Not as a serial or part of the Henry Wood series) Who doesn’t love a secret project?
- Publish Henry Wood: Time and Again
- Publish Henry Wood: Perceptions
- Publish Henry Wood: Edge of Understanding
Ha! I’ve made my list. Tomorrow, I start to work on it. I should have added “Get shiny “22 Things” badge for my blog, but I’ll try to remember to do it without it being listed. If you blog and like the idea, I whole heartily recommend clicking on the link above and signing up to participate. It is fun.